This week has been very interesting. I have read the information provided on the Thrive in 30 day emails. I have watched my eating habits and notices several things.
1. I don’t let myself eat even when I know I should be eating. I get absorbed in my work and make a conscious decisions to work rather than eat and hydrate.
2. I do not have snacks to eat
3. Eating a salad actually kept me full for a very long time but I did have snacks to keep me going and then I ate carbohydrates late at night (pasta)
4. I can eat a lot of fruit
5. I eat large amounts of food at one time
6. I do not have enough variety or raw food in my diet
To learn from these observations the actions I must take are to have snacks to eat. Eat a big salad with protein, have smaller regular meals, drink water. Try to eat lighter at night.
To make this happen I am prepared to go to the supermarket and have enough time at lunch time to do so. I can make the decision to put my health over my work when I should be eating food. I can eat raw foods and drink regularly.
In my training for the Etape De Tour I also take multivitamins, antioxidants, Udos oil, mineral salts and I will be looking into Mannatech products.
When I have eater raw food I have more energy and are more alert. The problem is I begin to feel gaunt and lose weight. I need some carbohydrates in my diet and these maybe better eaten during the day. I can also crab load for long rides and alter my diet depending on my training. This is a big learning curve but one I hope to pass onto others and make it a life long change.